Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I'm attempting to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving. We'll probably end up ordering a pizza.

I have to admit, the pressure of cooking an entire bird is a daunting feat, even if it is the smallest bird recorded in known history. And what is this tenting of the turkey with aluminum foil? Why can't it just cook....you know, like a chicken? Thank goodness stuffing is really easy to make, and the dessert is a yummy cheesecake. It doesn't get any easier than a cheesecake! Or tastier. :)

I even cleaned my apartment for this holiday dinner thing. Not that I live in a pigsty, but I've been busy lately and the laundry and dishes and the need to vaccuum have just kinda piled up. I spent approximately 5 hours cleaning my apartment today. Ok, so that includes eating and repotting a few plants outside and just being slow and lazy in general, but still, 5 hours!

I'm picking up my best friend from the airport in 10 hours! I am super excited! Eric is in the Navy and stationed in Hawaii, so needless to say, I haven't seen him in a little while. I can't wait! I hope he won't be too disapionted if our main course ends up being pizza rolls. I'm seriously nervous about the cooking of the turkey. I had my mom on the phone in between her flights, (she's a flight attendant) trying to figure out what to cook it in, what seasonings to use, how long to leave it in the oven for....every question I could think of. I'm so thankful that I have such a patient mother! Now if I could only talk her into driving here and cooking the turkey for me, I'd be set. I guess this is one of life's lessons - test tomorrow in Holiday Cooking 101. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

lesli said...

can't wait to hear how all this turns out! the cooking...the boy!!! very exciting!!! heart you!