Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Life is like......baseball

So I watched this new show on TBS tonight called My Boys. Its about this girl who has no problem hangin' out with the boys, but dating them....well, that's another story. She meets this guy and things start out going great. Then, not so much. I can completely relate. I think I'm gonna like this show. Anyway, she talks about how all life is comparable to baseball. I like that show even more. :)

You know what I like about baseball? Well, all sports. The rules. You know what to expect. Three stirkes and you're out. Four tries to move the ball ten yards. You know what is expected of you. Protect the pocket so the quarterback can hurl the ball down the field. Always keep your eye on the ball. Even the unwritten rules are respected in sports. Things like sportsmanlike conduct and respecting the game. Why can't dating have rules like these? When you go out with someone and you say "We'll have to do this again," you should be required to 'do this again.' When a shy girl (that would be me) calls and texts you, you return the favor with a drink or two, simply out of appreciation of my very out of character boldness. Well, that and because a very cute, intellegent, sweet, and sexy psuedo-redhead called and texted you. At the very least, you call her once in a while. Not text everything, but actually use the phone for spoken words, you know, to use those minutes you pay for every month. Yes, dating is in dire need of a rule book, and possibly an umpire as well. The jury is still out on the umpire, though, as there are certain areas of dating that I'd just as soon a third party were not priviledged to. But that's a blog for another day. :) First, I'd just like to go on a real date. Is that really too much to ask?

ps - please excuse this 'pity me' post. I just had to get this out of my system.....again.....

No comments: